Monday, October 26, 2009

When one Door closes....

This is it, the final week in the beloved county of Door in 2009. It's hard to believe it blew by so fast. In my experience though, it has seemed to do so more and more every year that goes by. I guess that's what happens when you're enjoying life so much. You don't stop to notice how quickly time dissipates. It can be a good and a bad thing.
I can happily say that I've accomplished much more than I expected to this season. Had much success with sales of my designs in the Brilliant Stranger and as always enjoyed my time working with all the fabulous folk of the Luna. It's nice to go to work and actually LIKE your job. I don't think many people do. Boy do I appreciate that feeling.
Now comes the bittersweet time of year. When the leaves change and fall and people scurry back to their winter holes to hibernate and await the next season. Though this year, I won't be hibernating. I've realized that living in Wisconsin winter is such a dreaded time of year for a lot of people. I myself have never had a winter without snow. So it's time, time for new experiences, new aspirations, new INSPIRATIONS, and scenery to quench the thirst that my constantly metamorphosizing transient soul is craving. Not to say I'm not a creature of comfort(I totally am) but sometimes you have to be displaced and learn to adapt. It's something I used to fear, but then I realized the feeling I felt wasn't fear, just a tad bit of anxiety....and then I realized that nervous churning feeling I had didn't have to be there. I'm human, I'm youthful, resilient, and down right determined....as my mother says "you're young, you'll adjust." Well that's the plan......that is when I feel most alive, when I'm displaced and must adjust....aside from dancing to bluegrass.
I bid the Door adieu...for now. I'll return when the morels start calling my name!See you in the Pacific!

PS: Hawaii is five hours behind Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment